Monday, January 9, 2012

NYC... here's what's up

As most of you know, I am currently a masters student in the Goldring Arts Journalism program at Syracuse University. It's first of it's kind and only a few other programs like it exist. The opportunities that we get in this program are absolutely unparalleled. For example... NEW YORK CITY.


As a part of our spring semester, we get to go to NYC for 5 days before the semester starts to go to all kinds of artsy places and network with important people in our field. This is called the Immersion and is technically a class. Blogging about our experiences and reactions is a part of our grade, so you can expect double daily posts starting tomorrow. I'm planning on doing an outfit post (because I'm having too much fun planning outfits as it is...) separate from a regular blog post for the next 5 days.


What are some of our highlight events? Going to a taping of The Daily Show, visiting the New York Times, the Apollo Theater, MOMA, attending a workshop with critics, and eating at lots of fancy restaurants. On top of that, I'm going to the FIT museum, seeing an opera at the MET, and going to a play in Brooklyn. And there's a lot more on top of this. Nuts, right?


Though I've lived in New York State since July, I still haven't been to the city (but more on that later). This is my crash course before I start my internship at Bridal Guide in less than 2 weeks. Eep.

(pics from newporthomie)

No comments:

Post a Comment