Tuesday, April 10, 2012

(Neo)Grunge

I have finally found a tumblr of a style that I think is where my own style is currently headed. It's called "Grunge Style," but I can't say that I agree with this title. When I think grunge, I think 90s Nirvana style. I mean, sure plaid and ripped jeans fit under grunge, but the major difference I see is the FIT of these clothes. Grunge was completely baggy. This new style mixes a tight fit with loose fit, new clothes paired with thrifted and vintage pieces. That could be a nod to original grunge clothes, if anything.



I've seen this style referred to as neo-grunge. I agree with that a lot more. It's grunge influenced for sure, just tweaked and mixed with modern style.



What I love about this style is that it's a combination of SO many things; a complete tossed salad of already existing subcultures. Look carefully: goth, punk, retro, girly style, ...and grunge.




Who's a perfect poster girl for this look? Everyone's favorite alien model, pink haired princess- Charlotte Free.

(all pics via grunge-style)

No comments:

Post a Comment