Sunday, November 6, 2011

Scarfspo

I've got a ton a ton a TON of DIY projects in my "To Make" folder right now. I'm 700 miles away from my sewing machine, my good scissors, and my box of fabric scraps... basically everything that is required for DIY. I've been pining for my tools for quite some time now. I even made a list of what materials I'm going to need from JoAnn's once I get back (There's some glitter involved. Thrifted men's dress shirts. Black Rit dye and an ugly 80s sweater. Juuuust wait.).

But what I've really been wanting to do lately is knit a scarf. Once I acquire my knitting needles from home, scarf knitting is something I feasibly can do here without my plethora of crafting materials. There's nothing like knitting on a 13 hour train ride from Chicago to Syracuse. It will be called my Train Scarf and it will be awesome.

Here are some inspo pics of colors and styles I'm thinking about making that I snagged from tumblr or other blogs. Not all of them are knitted, I'm open to jersey or lace ideas too... "scarfspo," if you will. Aren't I clever?

I love BOTH of these which may or may not be from Anthropologie. I've been trying to figure out how to make the one on the right and it's making my brain explode. You have to twist... but sew first... and do it inside out?! Icanteven.

Love the vintage-looking lace detail here.

Mustard yellow. Yes.

(Ignore those awful cheetah Uggs. Yech.) Plain and simple thin, white cowl scarf. Even I could do that, right?

Gorgeous shade of wine. Me gusta.

3 comments:

  1. Hey, I know this is an old post but just thought I'd let you know how to make the scarf! I saw it here: http://www.stylelist.com/2012/03/27/craft-of-the-day-braided-t-shirt-scarf_n_1383635.html?ref=stylelist-home

    I loveloveLOVE your DIY tag!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH MY GOD, thank you so much!!! Totally putting that on my list of DIYs! You are such a darling for sending me this, totally made my day. :

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete