Thursday, May 17, 2012

'Cuse Graduation

I officially have a master's degree! Actually, not officially yet, I still have the next 3 weeks in Charleston, SC as my capstone. Forgive me as this blog gets shoved to the back burner for that time; I'll be busy with that and this past week I moved from Syracuse back to the Chicago burbs... you never really realize how much stuff you have until it has to be packed in boxes and loaded into the back of a truck.

Photobucket 

But can we talk about the ridiculous design of my grad robes for a second? Look at that stupid, hanging, square sleeve! If anything, it should be hanging off the bottom of the whole sleeve, but it isn't, it's actually hanging from the top. Dumb. 

Photobucket

And the hood had a point on the but that hung right above the butt. I dubbed us the Dinosaur Crew.

Photobucket 

The many ways to wear a master's hood, neither of which are correct.

Photobucket 

On the drive home, we stopped at this huge gorge with 3 waterfalls in the Finger Lakes, this one was on Cayuga. And notice I'm wearing a t-shirt and sweatpants. That will never happen again in public. I had a 13 hour drive ahead of me, real clothes were not going to happen. 

Photobucket

Upstate NY can be pretty sometimes!

No comments:

Post a Comment